Saturday, August 18, 2007

Today


Today while the blossoms still cling to the vine.
I'll taste your strawberries, I'll drink your sweet wine.
A million tomorrows shall all pass away.
Ere I forget all the joy that is mine today.

Now I'll be a dandy, and I'll be a rover.
You'll know who I am by the song that I sing.
I'll feast at your table, I'll sleep in your clover.
Who cares what tomorrow shall bring.

I can't be contented with yesterday's glory.
I can't live on promises, winter to spring.
Today is my moment, and now is my story.
I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing.

Today while the blossoms still cling to the vine.
I'll taste your strawberries, I'll drink your sweet wine.
A million tomorrows shall all pass away.
Ere I forget all the joy that is mine today.

(Words by Randy Sparks)

4 comments:

Continuum said...

All references are PRESENT & project to the FUTURE. The PAST does not equal the FUTURE unless you live there.


“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward.” ~~ Soren Kierkegaard ~~

Donut said...

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Hope for tomorrow

:)

Anonymous said...

If there is a time when we have to go back to our TODAY roots, i will miss my 'ganung guni' man to throw more of my action figurines and tissue boxes to...

Play by my motto and your packed carton boxes will drop from 3 to 1!

Donut said...

And your astute mind told you correctly that I was speaking with a potential employer at the far end of the corridor. Way to go, Miss Moto!