Saturday, July 21, 2007

Happy Birthday to me


Today is 20.07.2007. An extraordinary date like this happens but once in a long long time.

Today is also my birthday. It is the day this blog is created.

It is also the day I've received about 80 sms giving me well wishes for my birthday and/or my resignation. I tendered my resignation yesterday, to the surprise of many colleagues and friends. Two friends (Froggie & Edwin) summed it up aptly by saying that the resignation is a nice birthday present I am giving to myself. Contrary to some colleagues' belief, the decision to leave the company was not a rash one; it was something I've considered carefully for the past 3 months or so. It just so happened that the day to execute it fell on the eve of my birthday.

A friend asked me how I felt after I tendered the letter. I said I felt peace and relief. She offered that it must then be the right decision. Peace to all.

8 comments:

Edwin said...

Don
是生日也是辞职日,算不算是双喜?!无论如何,做了决定就不要后悔,凡事都要往前看。高兴看到你的blog,希望能看到更多的文章和精彩的照片。

positivemagic said...

It's a good decision. I felt relief too. :) Here's to a brand new year with a bright new beginning.

Donut said...

子干大哥
謝謝您的留言与忠告,還成為我的blog的第一位留言者。 是的,做了決定就該往前看 :)
20.07.2007這特殊的日子,我將會一生難忘。 七年前離開RCS,繞了個大圈,七年後的今天因Sales Integration再次成為Caldecott Hill 的一份子,最終還是決定離開這座山,心中依依不舍,不禁感慨万分。

Positive Magic
Thanks for the note. Glad to have friends like you in good times and bad :) Someone told me this year may be a tough year for rooster like me. Let's hope the tough times are behind me, looking forward to better times ahead. Let your abundant positive magic rub off on me some time, yeah :)

Edwin said...

Don
没有post新的东西啊?

Donut said...

子干大哥
Thanks for dropping by. If I come across anything interesting, I will post it up... hopefully soon.

DarkWing said...

hmmmm, good luck with everything! (donuts are good :p)

Continuum said...

I like the scenic pic posted on yr blog. It seems to reveal the peace with the surroundings.

Just came home after attending class. This evening topic is on the different worldviews -- Chinese (Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism), Postmodernism, Hinduism, Animism, Nihilism,Islam, Christian .... thus, when I read yr Blog & yr 'Happy B'day Present' -- I respect 'DONUT's Worldview'. Maybe U are starting this Discovery Journey of success to Significance. Enjoy ...... Blessings.

Donut said...

Thank you Newnorth for your well wishes.

Thanks Continuum, hope the journey of discovery will be a smooth and fulfilling one.