Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Christmas Shoes


It was almost Christmas time
There I stood in another line
Tryin' to buy that last gift or two
Not really in the Christmas mood

Standing right in front of me
Was a little boy waiting anxiously
Pacing 'round like little boys do
And in his hands he held a pair of shoes

His clothes were worn and old
He was dirty from head to toe
And when it came his time to pay
I couldn't believe what I heard him say

Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
You see she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful, if Mama meets Jesus tonight



He counted pennies for what seemed like years
Then the cashier said, "Son, there's not enough here"
He searched his pockets frantically
Then he turned and he looked at me

He said Mama made Christmas good at our house
Though most years she just did without
Tell me Sir, what am I going to do
Somehow I've got to buy her these Christmas shoes

So I laid the money down, I just had to help him out
I'll never forget the look on his face when he said
Mama's gonna look so great

Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
You see she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful, if Mama meets Jesus tonight

I knew I'd caught a glimpse of heaven's love
As he thanked me and ran out
I knew that God had sent that little boy
To remind me just what Christmas is all about


A beautiful song with a little message, perhaps to remind us all of the true spirits of Christmas.

Time has passed quickly, and sooner than we thought, everyone's favourite season is here again. I guess it carries different meanings for different people. What does Christmas mean to you? What memories has it brought back for you?

Here's wishing everyone a Happy Christmas.

Listen to the song here:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas. But somehow I feel a tinge of loneliness. Is it the cold weather that makes me feel this way? I have no idea, I just cant help it feeling this way....

I do feel blessed, to have good friends and family members in good health. This is all I can asked for....

Merry Christmas to u, my friend....

Donut said...

I guess Christmas is also an appropriate time of reflection and counting of your blessings, as the year draws to a close.

Someone once said that the secret of health for both the mind and the body is not to mourn for the past, or worry about the future. It is to live the present moment wisely and earnestly ;)

Edwin said...

意思就是活在当下。

Donut said...

是,就是這個意思! 祝大哥新年快樂,在2008年過得更精彩,更充實! ;)